American Truck Group - Sorry to hear that your going down

Dec 10, 2012
review #366299

Well it was good while it lasted.You know you have a problem and or know you are the problem and you still continue thats crazy.

If all you had to do is replace one person with someone that knows what to do why wouldnt you do that or why wouldnt you leave on your own if you know the company would benefit from it you stay and it gets worse. Well I guess you guys deserve what comes around. Does not make sense you have plenty of money to continue or dont care about everybody else you have working for you iether. It seem like you had a good Idea at one time its probably going work better the second third time around unfortunitly.

You guys arent going to do anything with it. Good luck in your next venture.

Next time put people in charge that at least have an idea of the kind of business you want to gey involved in.I not one petson there knows what to do starting with your executives the problem always starts there.

ac442e8
Had an experience with American Truck Group?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
carls

Jan 06, 2013 Miami, Florida

tha new oners name is fred.according to tha new guy in cash sales. yea you can tell there are alot of new people in this company but they ask tha old people what to do. i jus sit there an listened to all ther wackyness. no one nows what is goin on. no one nows what to do. pretty obvious no one nows what to do also. this place is mixed up bad. i came in on 2 cash trucks but when i got there they would not do tha deal for what they advertised it for? then i here tha oners son tom say that his manager wont do tha deal cause tha investor dont want tha deal unless he could get a real warranty. if this confuses you me to. this place is lucky i had a loadf behind me and was already on i-10 headed to miami. unlike 1 of tha others that was kinda in tha same boat as me but he was madplus cause he drove 700 mile to buy a trucki for tha price in the paper and tha salesman keith said he had to work him even though it was tha very truck in tha ad. they left with out a truck. get ur house in order

Patterson Logistics, LLC

Dec 27, 2012 Corpus Christi, Texas

If anyone reading this really thinks that American Truck Group has the time or money or desire for that matter to chase trucks down all over the country then that person does not have a full understanding of this company. They are about making money, not needlessly spending it. Since 2009 they have done everything they said they would do for me and nothing they said they would not. I live in Mobile, Alabama which is only an hour away so I go to the dealership for almost everything. I feel like I have a very good understanding of the company. They promise to help you get into a truck and they will. You have to use the sense the God gave you though to make sure it is the right deal for you and it is at the right time. Thanks and God Bless, William Patterson of Patterson Logistics, LLC.

Some Common Sense

Dec 27, 2012 Corpus Christi, Texas

I can say without question that American Truck Group has never done anything that would make me believe that they would rather have the truck I drive back at their dealership instead of out on the road generating income. In fact, almost everything they do is geared towards the customer staying in the truck and on the road. It is a simple win-win philosophy: The more positive they treat us the more positive we speak of them (except of course the few insane people they could not make happy on this site). The more they help us stay in our trucks the more they receive their payments on time, every time.

Business Trucking 101

Dec 27, 2012 Corpus Christi, Texas

I was there three days ago. American Truck Group is not "going down." I have been a customer since 2009 and I actually read this while I was in the their lobby waiting for the shop to finish my clutch. In fact, instead of going down they are doing the exact opposite. They are opening new facilities in Dallas, Texas and Atlanta, Georgia as another user stated and i confirmed with management. Also, the New Year will bring their free classes and educational software/materials to better help owner operators better manage their bottom line. It is sort of like business for truckers 101. It is open to anyone who is getting a truck or that already have a truck through them.

No Complaints Here

Dec 27, 2012 Amarillo, Texas

(Continued from Blown Head Gasket) Now that my friend is service if i have ever seen it. I was down for pretty much the rest of the week but my rep called me & the shop everyday to check on the progress. She had the shop and American's shop on the phone with every detail of what was going on and a daily progress report. They even worked with me on my payments due on the truck while it was down. i was amazed and still am to this day. Even though I had the truck and ran it hard for over two years, they paid for the repair minus a deductible.I was told that was what the warranty was really for. My rep told me that it was for catastrrophic failure. You know, the kind that puts you out of business the bill is so high. No complaints here.

Blown Head Gasket

Dec 27, 2012 Amarillo, Texas

When American Truck Group asked me for my review I jumped at the idea. For those of you who doubt the business or the program, let me tell you a short story. Two months ago my Peterbilt (that I have had with American Truck Group for over two years) started having some major trouble. Before I knew exactly what happened, I blew the head gasket. Keep in mind this was not their fault, it happens, but they dang sure jumped on getting it repaired like it was. I have never in my twenty-seven years of driving seen a dealership move so fast to help someone. And that was part of it, they made me feel like someone, someone important.Within two hours me and my truck were in a shop with a diagnostic machine hooked up to her.

Propaganda

Dec 18, 2012 Henderson, Nebraska

I think that most of whatever you read on this site is generated by fewer people than most believe. How many people know someone who does not get their way and then they seek revenge over and over. Some term this person as toxic. And the internet is perfect due to the anonymous nature of the revenge. Adolf Hitler said that if you tell people the same lie enough they will start to believe you. It is known as propaganda. ATG put me in a truck that helped me restart my life. I would not have put myself in a truck if i owned it at that point but they did. That is what they do. Crazy you have people so concerned with one person in a company as large and diversified as American Truck Group. Probably a bitter ex employee or current employee on the way out the door.

ATG and Philosophy

Dec 18, 2012 Monahans, Texas

You have free will to make choices. With that freedom comes acceptance of either blame or praise. Whichever it may be it is because of your free will. Maybe you chose to not do a pre-trip inspection on a truck and then it breaks down hundreds of miles later. You chose to not check the truck and should it fail the blame is assigned to the one who made the choice. I read this philosphy of blame while I believed I was finished. Every business I had in the past failed. I thought that for some reason I was created to be a failure. I was miserable and wanted to be alone. Long story short, I was at the Salvation Army getting a meal and I saw a book that, for some reason, even though I did not enjoy reading, I felt I should buy and read. It was named The Arestotelian Account. It is Aristotle's philosphy regarding blame. Within a couple days I realized that for the past 47 years everything has always been someone elses fault unless the outcome was positive and then it was mine. However, things rarely remain positive for long if you cannot except blame. I got a truck from American Truck Group with help from my parents. That was three and a half years ago. I just paid it off and am getting another one. I am thankful that they are in business. You can either accept this truth now or years down the road but one day you will realize that you and only you are to blame or praise for whatever you life becomes. I wish every soul the best.

Happy Customers

Dec 18, 2012 Sacramento, California

I agree some people always *** the hand that helps them. My husband and I have had our Kenworth for 2 years and the American Truck Group we have known does not sound like the same company. This company takes a huge risk with those who want to better their lives, but are not able to secure typical financing due to problem credit. Some complain that they had to wait a few days for the truck to be ready. So, American Truck Group made sure the truck was mechanically sound. A company that was interested only in ripping you off would not have spent any time working on this truck. Actually, all trucks that leave their facility receive a Federal DOT inspection so you can rest assured that trucks are ready to work. American Truck Group has a great program that most people with sub-prime credit can benefit from. Just as with any program though, not everyone can be satisfied. Do yourself a favor and contact the company to see if they have a program that would benefit you or your business.

More Thoughts 3

Dec 18, 2012 Columbia, Kentucky

I suppose when a customer walks into a business with "FAILURE" tattoed on his or her forehead it is only a matter of time before they cry that they got ripped off. After all, the truck was supposed to get 1.3 MPG instead of 1.2 MPG after receiving the chrome tonnage package and that one tenth of a mile per gallon is why he failed. And, what will he write? The salesman lied to him, the company did not live up to their promises, and when you see only one side, you make an uninformed decision based upon an anonymous post from someone who still wonders what the letters CDL stand for on his license.

More Thoughts 2

Dec 18, 2012 Columbia, Kentucky

While I was having my truck serviced at American Truck Group another customer walked into the lobby and sat down next to me. He was telling his girlfriend on the phone what a good deal he got and I can tell you that he genuinely appeared happy. He also told her that he was going to "chrome that Pete out with the money he had left." Three hours later he had spent all his money (including fuel to get to orientation two thousand miles away) on enough chrome that once installed or even loaded into the sleeper would cause him to be fined at every weigh station for the next two thousand miles he had to travel again with no money for the fuel because all that chrome he blew someone else's money on will make him so much money. And speaking of fuel, his miles per gallon with the extra 20 tons of chrome will place him around 1.2 MPG instead of 7.4 MPG.

More Thoughts

Dec 18, 2012 Columbia, Kentucky

After typing the last three posts I awoke this morning with a business idea. How about a website for companies to complain about their customers? I checked Go Daddy and the domain "dumbassconsumer.com" is available and also the domain "thiscustomerissostupidthatIwoulodliketoslaptheirparents.com" which is a little long, but sums up how a company feels when they deal with an *** that should be locked in a basement. As I stated last night. I am a current customer of American Truck Group. No, I am not pissed off at the company. I am not pissed off at all. Rather, I am irritated that a growing number of people deny any responsibility for their actions and due to their business failing, they take it out on the very company that gave them the one thing they needed to be an owner-operator, a truck. I am irritated that there is also a dumbed down percentage of individuals who, if they read something on the internet, are immediately convinced of the validity and accuracy of the whatever the read. They are the same people who subscribed to the National Enquirer 20 years ago instead of laughing at it while standing in line at the grocery. They presented it to their children as literature. And entertainment for those children was Sally Jesse Raphael. You know the type I am talking about. It is the same type of information. So, whether they hear it from Geraldo Rivera or read it on "fthecompany.com" they believe it.

Think 3

Dec 17, 2012 Columbia, Kentucky

Okay, back to the things that are not evil like the current administration. My experience with American Truck Group was not spectacular. I was not overcome with emotions so great that I kissed anyone when I was handed the keys to my truck. I was very pleased and i told them so. Right after I said that, the Business Manager asked me if I remembered please write a review somewhere, sometime online after I had been in the truck for more than a couple months. If you want a perfect company to get a truck from, you will never get a truck. Who knows, maybe the next thing Obama Claus does is to give out free trucks to those who do not have one or work and he will pay for it with the money he rapes from those who do have trucks and jobs. Remember, those who work don't pay their fair share. They should pay more so those with no trucks under their Christmas tree have one this year! Happy Holiday’s from Jake Karney & Karney Logistics, LLC

Think 2

Dec 17, 2012 Columbia, Kentucky

The new hours-of-service have given me far too much time sitting instead of driving. So, I started looking at this site and others people complain to and I began to see a pattern. Some people that complain do so multiple times and on multiple sites. Some people try to hide the fact that they are submitting more than one report but when, let's say, you read them as a whole and find that four of them have the same word misspelled you start to get the picture that the number of individual complaints is less than the total count. At this point, I would like to thank Obama and Congress for giving me all this extra time to do nothing that makes me any money. I've got it, with the extra time I have been forced to take I will air just how much I truly loathe Obama. You might say, why would you put anything political on a website for consumers? I would answer that with one word, "ObamaCare," which I am forced to purchase or I will have one of the 16,000 new IRS agents he hired paying me a visit. Now that truly sounds like something worthwhile to complain about. Unless you think that all of those new Nazi-like IRS are positive signs for the unemployment numbers. Maybe someone should put up a site named forcedconsumer dot something.

Think!

Dec 17, 2012 Columbia, Kentucky

American Truck Group is one of the most solid companies in Mississippi. But, on a site titled Pissed Consumer do you really expect to read that the employees are great? Do you expect to read that the trucks they offer are the finest garage kept, grandma driven, one owner operator trucks available? Do you expect to read again, by pissed consumers, that the company they are complaining about is doing well? The site is not entitled Happy Consumer. I can find complaints against any and every company that I have done business with, even the "Mom and Pop's" businesses. The larger the company is the more the complaints. But, also the product sold has a bearing on the type of complaints. If you sell anything that is used, the rate of complaints increases exponentially. As a customer of American Truck Group, this worries me. I would rate them like most other companies, probably a B+ which is pretty good. They did not fail to do anything that they said they would do. They did not fail to do anything that I expected them to.

totheceo

Dec 16, 2012 Gulfport, Mississippi

Since CEOs are responsible for closing down at least 3 business' each. Your at your end, you need to fix this one. Is 4th or 5th time the charm.

why why why

Dec 14, 2012

If thats the xase why anybody work for this guy knowing that he is responsible. that could affect your next position knowing you were apart of the biggest scam since Maddox. Is this what you are about is this what you think your good at. You dont know what to do so you wrong. Come on man you do have a good idea or have had one why dont you step back and find somebody to run it like it should. Im sure you would make more money.

Im sure

Dec 14, 2012

Im sure thats the case. With such a good idea really dont why Louie wont hire somebody that can carry it out. Changing the name is not the answer. Changing the people would be . Im sure he knows but he also has hired the wrong people because they are not doing s--t about it. Cant fire himself. Changing the name 4 times yeah thats f---ed up I guess I would have agree with one of the writers the President Bo Lindsay must have some good pictures of this guy for him still being around. I understand he is his right hand man, but yeah I would lose that bet.

you're kidding right?

Dec 14, 2012

I may not be a Harvard Graduate, but i know enough to realize that you don't blame the branches, when the problem is the base of the tree. That man isn't so *** that he just sits idly by why everyone else runs his business for him. Come'on really?? He knows what's going on and $100 says he came up with the BS himself. Otherwise, he wouldn't have changed the name of that place like, what, 4 times??

aintmybusiness

Dec 11, 2012

This is just to much *** about one company. Can all this be so. How is that possible would the owner of this place let it keep on happening. Only if he was the problem you think he knows whats going on. I mean everything, he should and maybe he does thats not good not good at all. It really wont make it then. But if its just an employee or an officer of the company you need to do something quick and stop this ***. I was reading about the owner louie jr. Used to be a auto dealer so he cant be the broblem maybe he needs to see whats upopportunities only come around so often. does any body else have any dealership experience. Who runs this place. Does the president Bo lindsey have any dealership background or people skills whats his game what did he do before is he the one that must have pictures of louiejr. I guess he wasnt at what he did before. Right.anyway I hope tlouis jr. Good luck I hope you can fix this.

1-20 of 23 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about American Truck Group.
Filing a new complaint about
×