1.1K views

This company is full of liars!!! I can't say it enough. But what I can say is DO NOT sign the paper that they will insist that you sign when you return the truck. If you do, you will be signing away your rights to sue them -- and you very possibly have a lawsuit against them. They will try to bully you into signing -- DO NOT.

When you return your truck, take pictures of everything and if possible video too. Make sure that you have coverage of the keys in the ignition. They will call and tell you that the keys were not left in there.

Get a local newspaper and have someone to take a picture of you holding the paper - stand in front of the truck - in front of the building. Then zoom in and get the date on the paper.

They have been sued by a truckdriver group and I also found a lawsuit filed Oct. 6, 2012 in California for several things including racketeering. My friend is also retained an attorney and will very possibly be filing suit soon.

If you feel that you have been taken advantage of and lied to - sue the liars! You may be able to find an attorney that will take the case pro-bono.

Comments

kev_wise

Please contact me Kevin 717-437-3619 or email me at kev_wise@yahoo. Com

Please call kevin 717-437-3619 they r screwing me out of my truck

Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States #592558

I have seriously spoken to some of these people that got scammed and even went down there and checked it out, something seemed real fishy.After comparing what people told me and listening to what the salesman was saying to me or rather Wasn't saying, avoiding answering in-depth questions that others said they couldn't get answers to until they had their money and had them in some little office in the back.

I tend to believe these guys that got taken. Because sure as i asked about payments, tags, extra fees i needed to know about, the dude was ducking and dodging like i have never seen!

Fellas, you have been warned.Don't be the example of the old saying, "a fool and his money are soon parted!"

Kansas City, Missouri, United States #586589

(Trucker Heaven continued) They weren't new or fancy or all chromed out, that's not what makes a truck.They were clean looking and solid.

That's what I wanted and needed.Long story short, I'm in the American Truck Group program. It's not like any other deal that I have seen or heard of anywhere else and it works. I guess that I am lucky compared to some of those experienced drivers. I got my own truck from the beginning instead of working for 20myears for someone before I decided I deserved more than a percentage of a load.

I make 100% of the money off every load I make.Thank you American & all your employees for showing me that I can do this all by myself.

Kansas City, Missouri, United States #586584

My name is eric and i'm not as experienced as most of the people that have been in the trucking business for years but when I made up my mind to be a truck driver, i knew I didn't want to drive a company truck for a big business to help them get bigger.I wanted my own rig.

a friend of mine had been telling me for some time that him and a few of his friends had trucks with American Truck Group and I should call or go see them. I don't like phones when working out a business deal. Too many details can be lost or forgotten in a phone call so I drove to Gulfport.

Their inventory was very impressive, the Volvo's, the Peterbilt's, the Kenworth's....I was in trucker heaven.

Manitou Springs, Colorado, United States #586230

The idea of replacing parts like a mechanic would on an aircraft is the way to go.Replace certain items before they fail and no matter what, do not drive a truck if you know that a part is failing.

It could cost you your life or that of person(s) around you. If nothing else, it will cost you so much more money than if you had fixed the problem in the first place. Some time ago, I was fueling up outside Amarillo, Texas and a cattle-hauler was next to me. When told of the small puddle of oil coming from the back end of his Peterbilt onto the pavement he said "it must have come from the truck before me," as he pulled off.

30 miles down the road I noticed the cb traffic, 60 miles down the road I saw the smoke and 80 miles down the road saw the truck on fire. The wheel seal was leaking and the back end caught on fire.

It burned someone else's Peterbilt, 20 something head of cattle and the trailer.All of this and so many more disasters could be avoided by preventive maintenance.

Manitou Springs, Colorado, United States #586220

Kind of like a teenager with their first car, I did not take care of my first truck.I mean, I did the minimum maintenance required but as to when to change out certain parts I failed miserably.

I was sitting at American Truck Group waiting for my truck to have tires put on and I overheard someone make an the argument for trucks being treated (repair/maintenance wise) akin to aircraft. I had one of those 'light bulb coming on over my head moments' because of the similarities. With an aircraft, certain parts and systems have a life of so many hours before they are replaced. There is a point at which all parts fail.

If you wait until a part fails instead of replacing a part you know is living on borrowed time I can promise you that are going to be looking at a much larger bill.

When a part breaks and all 80,000 lbs of you are going 80 MPH the repair is going to be much, much worse than if you replaced the part before.Preventive maintenance is the key to keeping your truck on the road and your loads always being delivered.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #586194

My Son and I got a truck from ATG last year about this time.All in all it was a good decision for the both of us.

The trucks have held up. Most things do hold up that you take care of and I don't think this company has some disproportionate share of bad trucks. Used trucks take a lot of care. So, before you try to wreck an entire company think about what they really did and did not do so wrong.

For me, the parts division has really gone above and beyond other dealerships that I have dealt with. I am working on my truck if I am not driving it.

I have saved a great deal of money on parts from the discount they give me since I am one of their program customers.The more I put into my truck, the more I get out of it in performance AND dollars.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #585003

SEE PRIOR POSTS: Four years later everything is gone.No trucks, no employees that depended on me, no nothing because of one woman, one person.

That is all it takes online. It is more common than you think. So, back to American Truck Group since that is the reason I am writing this. This nightmare wrecked not only my life but also my credit.

They are the only company with good trucks that would deal with me. While my situation was much, much worse than almost any other business you read about, I feel for any company that has to undergo these anonymous public assaults by those that remain private.

Many of the complaints are by the same person, the same pissed consumer.And that is why I give American Truck Group an A+.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #584997

SEE PRIOR POSTS: It is very hard to run a company and deal with a psychotic woman, professional scam artist, bent on destroying you.In less than two years I had lost almost everything.

the police are worthless in situations like these. What laws are on the books she knew very well and they were ineffective to begin with. On Rip Off Report alone she created over seventy-two profiles over a period of two years. I had received letters from most of the people she claimed to be in attempts to extort and blackmail me.

I know this because a detective from another state called me six months ago.

She had tried the same car wreck scam and died in the accident.They went to her apartment and it contained the personal records of thirty-eight individuals she had destroyed in her 42 years on this earth.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #584994

SEE PRIOR POSTS: This woman started calling everyone that I do business with and making up lies that she was having my baby, that I smoke crack, that I am being investigated by the FBI, IRS, you name it, she did it.She had been going through my businesses garbage for information and she had almost two years of legal discovery.

Then she started the online campaign against me. I became an overnight sensation on Rip Off Report.

And, yes I started to lose business.Then I started losing trucks because of the lost business.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #584990

SEE PRIOR POSTS: So, just as the detective told me, she sued.She had this down to an art form.

I wondered where did she get all these doctors and specialists and accident re-creationists? She had an expert for everything. However, this well oiled machine that was her suit failed. She lost.

The suit cost me over $238,000 and a great deal of time, but it was over.

I had a forensic accountant attempt to track down any assets she might have because $238K in attorneys fee's is something I felt like I should get back but there was nothing, she was a professional scam artists.And then the attacks on my reputation and that of my company started.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #584982

I was in my personal automobile and a woman passed me in town in a 35 MPH zone.She was probably going 50 MPH when she darted over into my lane and then within a couple second slammed on her brakes.

There was nothing in front of her. Of course I then slammed into her. I was not hurt, nor was she. But, she left in an ambulance.

She was issued citations for crossing into my lane, causing a wreak, and so on.

The investigator said that it looked like a classic insurance scam.Two days later a detective called me and said this woman had 9 other wrecks, same circumstances, and she will sue.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #584977

SEE PRIOR POST: Now that I have said I would raise American Truck Group from a "B" to an "A" let me tell you my story and exactly why I feel this way and yes, I am a current customer of American Truck Group's.I am 54.

I have lived in North Carolina all my life.

I never married, but instead built a trucking business.In 2007 I was at a point where I had 14 trucks, great drivers and other logistical employees (that counted on me), a very nice home, and you get the picture.Then my life changed forever.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #584974

I have a truck with American Truck Group.If there were no such things as pissed off consumer and rip off report and all of the rest of these sites for people to complain on I would give them a solid "B" for their rental program, sales staff, and shop.

However, now one or two people can sit down behind a computer and anonymously wreck a businesses reputation, past, present, and future.Because of putting up with this and not just "going away" as the .001 % of their customers would like them to, well now I raise that "B" to an "A+"

Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States #584908

(continued) When life throws them a curve they quit and blame the pitcher as they walk away and quit.They do not learn how to hit the curveball that we call life.

If every pitch was right over the plate and traveled at whatever speed they were *comfortable* with everyone would hit a homerun. Life throws a crazy mixture of pitches and rarely are they at the speed you thought they would be. It is usually much faster. When you strike out or fail at business, people that make it in life are the people that get back up to bat and learn why they are not hitting the ball.

This company provides you a bat/truck even if you have struck out/failed your entire career.

The rest is up to you, not the company.But, don't blame the coach/company that gave you bat/truck if you don't win this season.

Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States #584760

I have married to KWife for the past 22 wonderful years.Both of us drive, now as a team due to the hour-of-service fiasco, and are committed to our business.

Anyway, she has been having a very serious problem with a company that she ordered something from. It was never sent! So, she looked the company up on this website and saw American Truck Group was on here and had a recent post. She read it and called me inside our house as we are at home today and I was doing some maintenance on the truck which we are very happy to have.

We started reading the posts which were a mixture of complaints and one's that were positive. I am not surprised at the negative ones.

I hear people more and more blame other people for their screw up's.they expect the world to be handed to them on a silver platter.

Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States #584752

My husband and I have W900L through American Truck Group.Previously back in 2005 we had declared bankruptcy.No bank or finance company would touch us.

James saw an ad in the Truck Paper and we visited the Gulfport location soon thereafter. The last of our savings totaled $5,450 which we then placed on an '04 KW Studio. Three days later we left and have been on the road since. We have had a few repair issues as anyone does with a used truck.

ATG took a big chance with us and if they actually looked at credit history, they would have seen that they would not get paid and possibly lose a lot of money on the deal. Big trucks are expensive and ones like ours sold all day long for $60K to $70K. They don't let you walk out of Mercedes Benz with an S500 but they will let you walk out of American Truck Group, with a nice truck or without a truck at all.

It is a choice.And for us it was the best financial choice that we have ever made..

Alpharetta, Georgia, United States #584365

I have a 2008 Kenworth that I’ve named “Ole Blue”, My last truck was a 2006 Peterbilt named “Lightning”.Both of these buttes I got from American Truck Group.

After you’ve been in the program for a awhile you get to do what they call “trading-up”. For a small fee you get to trade your truck back in to American and they will put you in a newer model truck. That was a huge selling point for me plus the fact that my payments are 100% tax deductible! Shortly after getting “Lightning” I was having some clutch problems so I called my rep.

She said to bring it in & their shop would fix it AND they did! In no time flat me & Lightning were back on the road heading to Montana.

I don’t know how these guys do with all the truckers & trucks there but keep up the good work American Truck Group.I’ll be back soon for another “trade-up”!!

To #12 comment.I am basing my opinion on somewhat personal experience, state incorporation records in Mississippi and Nevada, numerous complaints by different consumers on the internet that have similar stories of being RIPPED OFF by this company.

FACT is AMERICAN TRUCK GROUP, along with all the other names that this company has operated under, has a HORRIBLE reputation and that will stand on its own with or without my input.

BTW: Having all of your "friends" posting praise reports on the same day or two is such a scam.:eek